PROGRAMS & FUNCTIONS
OF THE AADEJ
● Maintaining an eligibility code for individual and publication membership.
● Aiding dental societies and publishers in formulating effective advertising policies.
● Holding an annual Editor's Conference open to all interested in dental journalism.
● Presenting a Distinguished Service Award for noteworthy contributors to dental journalism.
● Encouraging high quality journalism by participating in the annual Journalism Awards sponsored by the International College of Dentists.
● Supporting excellence in editorial writing by managing the annual William J. Gies Foundation Editorial Award Program.
● Sponsoring workshops to enhance publishing and editorial skills. Offering workshop scholarships to editors, allowing them to attend sessions sponsored by the AADEJ, the American Dental Association or other dental groups.
● Encouraging participation of dental students by offering student memberships and by inviting student dental editors to AADEJ meetings.
● Co-sponsoring with the ADA a New Editor Dental Seminar program to assist the new dental editor in publication design, content choice and business activities, including advertising.
The AADEJ supports excellence in all aspects of publishing