Membership categories and applications
Note: Applications for Publication Memberships must be accompanied by four (4) issues of the publication. They may be the same issues or four (4) different issues. Copies of the advertising code must be submitted with the Publication membership application. Determine the type of membership that applies to you, select "Add to Cart," fill out the Membership form, make your payment online and mail in your publication (Not required for Individual, Affiliate/International or Retired Memberships).
Publication Member application: $395 Annually
For publications sponsored by dental organizations meeting Association standards. In accordance with the AADEJ's bylaws, the editor serves as the representative of the member publication. May carry AADEJ logo on approved publication.
Publication Associate Member application: $149 Annually
For staff members or others associated with a member publication.
Student Publication Member: $99 Annually
For publications sponsored by dental student organizations meeting Association standards.
Individual Member application: $149 annually
For individuals interested in dental journalism, who accept the principles in the "Eligibility Code". Associate and assistant editors, business managers, former editors and managers, authors, teachers and others who have an interest in dental journalism are eligible for individual membership.
AFFILIATE/ INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Affiliate/International Membership: US $149 Annually, includes airmail postage
For organizations outside the US, which sponsor a dental publication meeting Association standards.
Retired Member application - $99 Annually:
For individuals being sixty-five years of age or older, who have been an AADEJ member for at least 15 years.
Many ways to join: The AADEJ offers many types of memberships. Find the one that fits your needs and apply today!
ELIGIBILITY CODE FOR PUBLICATIONS
(For Publication Membership Only)
The Eligibility Code outlines the standards that all publications shall meet to qualify for and maintain publication membership in the American Association of Dental Editors & Journalists (AADEJ).
1. The Eligibility Committee shall review the publications as submitted by the applicant and make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding eligibility for membership. Periodic evaluation of member publications will be made to ensure compliance with the code.
2. The publications should be characterized by ethical and high professional standards and follow ADA journalism guidelines.
3. Publication Content:
a. The editorial content should include scientific and educational topics, association developments, and other types of news of interest to the dental profession.
b. Scientific articles should be supported by appropriate evidence and/or research, and not used for promoting products, techniques, or services advertised.
c. The advertising content should be controlled by an officially adopted advertising code. The code should establish guidelines for:
1. The acceptance for commercial advertising of only those products whose safety, efficacy, and therapeutic value has been demonstrated by scientific evidence.
2. The acceptance of classified advertising.
3. The eliminating or non-acceptance of false, misleading, or deceptive advertising.